Thursday, November 08, 2007

Uphill all the way!

Not much time to blog lately. The pace of life is relentless :)
Katie sat her 11+ last Saturday. She had no trouble writing a good story with all the required elements, had a good bash at the Verbal reasoning paper, but struggled with the maths paper. Unfortunately alot of the things that I and school had practised with her did not seem to come up - fractions, percentages, ratios, means, modes, ranges and medians, bar graph interpretations, geometry, etc. Having talked to other parents I feel less concerned as many other children found it tough. We've waited almost a wek for the results, just one more week to go. She's convinced she hasn't passed and has been miserable all week. But I'm not so sure. She deserves to pass and I cling to that thought! I think she's having a bit of a mental melt-down. Every piece of homework this week has been like pulling teeth!!
Sam, having had a mature moment or two this week, bless him, settled down to some serious revision for an approaching GCSE science exam and some internal assessment tests. Topic - genetics. Yuck! He's got a good grasp of it all though.

I've made some serious progress this week in Spanish. I can proudly say that I am now getting to grips with not two but four tenses :)

Just to top it all, I've been getting up at 5am to drive hub to the station. I'm fine til about 8pm, then I kinda keel over and switch off! Unusual for me, I'm normally a bit of a night-owl.

No comments: