Monday, August 29, 2005

Procrastination....

....I reckon I have mastered the art of procrastination. I've spent a whole 3 days thinking about which O.U courses to take next year. Initally I was going to have an easy year with just U210 startig this October, but seeing as I tend to thrive on a workoverload I've gone the whole hog and enrolled for my third year of 120 points. So, I'll be doing E124 (Supporting Children's Learning in the early years), E230 (Langauge, Mathematics and science in the early years curriculum) and U210 (English Language, past present and future). The E courses should be ok. I've done observations etc before when I did an NVQ 2 in Early Years Care and Education, and the course content is very applicable to my job, some of it will be second nature (I hope!).

So, now that that's settled I shall have to find something else to keep me away from revision! I've done as much ebaying as I can afford already :o) .....hmmm....my treadmill looks a tad dusty....far too hot...ironing...nah....daughter calls from the sandpit, now that sounds more like it!

4 comments:

Nogbad said...

I did U210 a few years ago - it's cool! :-)

kat said...

Procrastination. I am really good at that but I have a plan. As from 1 September, I am going to stop procrastinating.

120 points seems a lot in one year but I am sure you will manage it okay.

Tina said...

The first book looks a bit sleep-inducing but I've heard it gets better! Kat, I seem to thrive on 120 points. The years I did 60 and 90 I was lazy and my marks weren't as good.

kat said...

Well yes, I seem to need the pressure. I am only doing a 10 point level one course at the moment. I say 'doing' but I am not actually doing it at all. The course started at the beginning of July and the ECA is due on the 9th of Sept, which is why I plan to stop the procrastination and get started on on it the 1st Sept - tomorrow - hell no! it's today. A block a day depending on how many blocks there are.
I have never done 120 OU points in a year but only because I am always doing other courses elsewhere.