Sunday, July 08, 2007

Veggies, flowers and digging.

I have a great sense of satisfaction this morning after a hard day's work yesterday. We needed a path to our shed, stepping stones just weren't good enough when it rains (I keep my tumble dryer in the shed). It took me two hours to remove dirt from turf (redistribute dirt into new flower bed and lug turf up to brown recycling bin in the garage)and dig down almost 3 inches ready for Lee to lay the new path (my choice, I like to be outside!). You can imagine how my muscles ache this morning, no need to do any exercise today that's for sure! Once the path laying was underway I had to carry the bricks/stones from the top of the stairs by our garage down into the garden, that was the hardest bit!




Once the path was laid I thought it was about time I put up some photos of how busy I've been these last few months. Here you go... enjoy!








My babies (spinach, lettuce, carrots and spring onions):


My real babies!

(a friend on the left, Katie on the right)


Oh yes, and my final joy, I've now lost 4 pounds since the beginning of May...slow but sure, perhaps that way it will stay off!

No comments: