Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Rock bottom

I think I've reached it, or maybe it's that S.A.D. thingy that is around at this time of year. As a consequence I have, all in the space of a week:
had a lickle chat with my Head about the demands of being a mum, worker and student, and as a result am now only working 3 days a week from January, I thought that would give me more time to do study, lesson planning and housey stuff, hence more time for kids and hub in the evenings and weekends, but.....feeling no more positive about this forthcoming change after a couple of days I...
cancelled my O.U courses for next year!! Anyone who knows me quite well will be as shocked as I was the day after I sent the cancellation email. O.U has been a big part of my life since 2001. Maybe that's the whole problem, am I 'all studied out'? Admittedly my job was never as busy as it has been in the last few months, could be that I have just reached overload all round. Even the O.U's conferencing, First Class, doesn't hold the same appeal anymore. I'd rather get an early night with a nice easy book (and I have plenty of those waiting to be read)

Anyhow, to get over the shock I have been planning what I can get up to next year:
1. Use the treadmill that has gathered dust since the summer
2. Start learning Spanish in time for 2006's summer holiday
3. The kids!! They'd love more playtime with me!
4. Ever-tolerant hub, I'm sure he'd appreciate not seeing my head stuck behind a book or in front of the PC screen.
5. Read all those juicy-can't-put-down books.

Still no exam results, although I hear some results for courses that have no exam are out. November flew by, but December is dragging! Won't make any difference to my plans though, whatever the results. If they are good, then that's a good way to end this period of study, and if they are bad, I never intended to resit them, so it will still be time to move on. Maybe I'll come back to finish my degree in 2007, maybe I won't...not sure I need it if I don't want to become a teacher!

Ending on a positive note, it's Panto season! The whole school is marching down to the Central Theatre on Friday for, not sure now, Aladdin? Can't wait, big kid when it comes to pantos, in fact, if I recall, last year it was me up and clapping while the Year 4s stared at me as if I was mad! I'm sure the Year 1s and 2s will be much more appreciatve of my fun-loving side this year :O) And 'cos they are diddly-lickle Year 1s and 2s, we get to sit near the front! Maybe I'll catch a sweetie this year....or a squirt of water!

Therapy over, off the couch and back to reality, where that book and a bubbly bath awaits.

Seasons Greetings to all Bloggers, and to those awaiting exam results....not long now, hope the news is good.

T

No comments: