Saturday, November 11, 2006

Eventful day.

Been busy today.
Did a bit of lesson planning, started reading the Open University course Beginners Italian, L195. I'm a course tester for this course. First impressions are that it will be a good course for complete beginners. Today I've looked at the alphabet, numbers and a conversation about ordering drinks in a bar (very important that!). Next week we have a go at using Lyceum (had no luck with getting that up and running yet). We even get to do a bit of Blogging and use a forum on VLE (I think it stands for Virtual Learning Experience? Or maybe Environment?!), but it's not much like Blogger. I prefer Blogger. Lots to learn about VLE, I'm sure I'll soon get used to it.

Managed to hold an MSN Live webcam conversation with my mum who is over in Venezuela (hi mum!). The sound was terrible (we likened it to a busy pinball machine) but it was great to see each other and be able to type as we watched each other. Sam and Katie were so excited to be able to see their nan that they couldn't take turns in the hotseat and ended up arguing and pushing and shoving in the background! Sorry mum! Don't forget you can keep up to date with us on Flckr too (see link on left).

Have just downloaded Skype and we will give that a try tomorrow.

No comments: