Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day we did Epcot (continued!)

Despite Katie being desperate for a swim in the villa's pool we decided not to chance it - there was some serious thunder and lightening... something we grew used to over the fortnight! On this occasion it lasted until after dark. Instead we chilled and drove out to Cracker Barrel on the 192 for a late dinner (I was so tired I really couldn't face food and I think my tiredness jaded my opinion of the Cracker Barrel). The rain on the way was unbelievably torrential! I'd read about how some drivers pull over as you can't see further than a few feet and it really was like that! Lee chose not to pull over though, he thought that would be more dangerous in case someone ploughed into the back of our car, so we drove on, albeit it extremely slowly. I captured the rain, and a rather fantastic streak of lightening as we drove along the US 27 (I'll see if I can upload that at some point, something else to learn how to do).

At Cracker Barrel Lee opted for a light salad, as did I. When the server asked what dressing we wanted we were overwhelmed with a choice! At home it's mayonnaise or salad cream, here it's blue cheese, ranch, honey and mustard plus others I can't remember! Lee opted for ranch on the side, in case he didn't like it, while I had none. He thought ranch dressing was "ok".




(I didn't note down what the kids had, but a common theme is chicken nuggets or breast and fries!)

It was packed, it took a while to get a table, but we mooched around their shop while we waited and picked up some Gillian Candy Sticks in lots of delicious flavours, like root beer (I'm a big root beer fan!) and cherry. I think 10 sticks only cost about £1! Sam also bought himself a harmonica for $5 Sadly the sticks have long been gobbled up but I'll be getting more, by hook or by crook, so yummy were they!

We had no room for dessert (another common theme this holiday, meal sizes are so big we never had appetizers, except for on arrival day when we didn't know better, or puddings!) and headed back to the villa, pooped and ready for some sleep!

No comments: