Tuesday, September 27, 2005

nothing like booking a holiday....

....to cheer you up :o)
After a miserable weekend when hub decided he'd start decorating the bathroom (leaving saws across the landing floor, which I tripped on and deeply cut two toes....eeeeeow!) while I tried to sleep and shake off a nasty cold, we decided to book next summer's holiday, seeing as flights to Malaga were 'only' £51 each (when you're a family of four you can guess why I say 'only'!)

So 31st July 2006 we fly to sunny Spain, for the 3rd time since Xmas 2004 (yes, we really do like southern Spain!) with BA (much better than Iberia!), to stay in a cottage beside a villa, with private pool and air conditioning (a complete must in August!) for 3 glorious, sun-filled, stress-free weeks (ok, so I may have to take along a little bit of Open Uni work as I'll have 2 ECAs and an exam due in Septmeber/October, but where better to study, by a pool, iced Malibu and Pineapple at arm's reach, warm sun beating down, and kids sitting in the cottage with their Playstations...I kid you not! After a few hours in the pool they'll be bored of sun, mountain-views, inflatables and water, I betcha!) Gosh, that was a long sentence! We'll be inland.....Coin, if you want to look it up, but this is typical of the scenery inland and west of Malaga:
Maybe we'll go back and see the monkeys on Gibraltar.....




(from left to right...adorable monkey,
a fascinated- 'I want one' Sam, an ever-so
slightly-unsure-of-those-
hairy-things-that-want-to-grab-
your-bags Katie, and a glad-the-kids-
aren't-moaning-for-once Hub)


It'd be nice to take a trip back to Benalmadena... above photo taken December 2005....who'd have thought the sky could be so blue in December...... certainly beats last year's 'summer'(!) holiday in Scotland:

Back to reality (yes, it's rained here today!).... I'd forgotten how mishievious 5/6 year olds can be. The class today was the class from hell! Was pleased to hear from the teacher and TA afterwards that nothing I'd have done would have made alot of difference to their learning! If they don't wanna learn, there's not alot you can do if you've already tried to make it fun and pace-y! (Any ideas feel free to correct me here!).Part of the problem is that there is a high proportion of children who cannot access the Curriculum....some haven't even achieved well in the Foundation Stage Profile and hence don't have the foggiest what is going on in maths and literacy (one cannot even show me three fingers, let alone count to three), a couple have difficulty with speech....but here there's a glimmer of hope...in November school is sending me on a 4 day Speech and Language course, looking forward to that....when I was in my late teens, mum secretly hoped that I'd be a Speech Therapist (or a horiculturalist! Why?...she told me today that her reasoning behind that one was because she liked the look of Hadlow College in Kent!!)....it (Speech Therapy, not horiculture!) came a close second to teaching in my 'what I want to do when I leave school' thought processes.



Since it's waaay past my bedtime and I have managed successfully to avoid any exam revision it's time to bid you all g'night. Sleep tight...

No comments: