Friday, March 02, 2007

Dusted off the treadmill

Monday: 2 miles walk/jog in 24 minutes
Wednesday: 2 miles walk/jog in 22 minutes
Today: 3.2 miles walk/run in 30 minutes

Last time I remember using it regularly I found it difficult to jog for more than a minute (I was about a stone and a half heavier and it was more than a year ago!), this time I did 2 or 3 minutes walking at 5+ mph, with 1 or 2 minutes jogging at 7-8mph, and it really was no sweat, pardon the pun. I even managed to hot-foot it at 8.5 mph for a few minutes. Very pleased that I'm off to a good start.
My goal? To be able to go out jogging for an hour and to tone up my lower half.
If I manage to keep up a regular exercise routine I'll log my progress in fitness and weight in separate blog. It'd be good to be able to look back and say I have made progress towards a fitter me! Watch this space...

No comments: