Thursday, March 16, 2006

Private Peaceful

I finished reading this last night. If you want a good, quick read this is the one as it's aimed at 9-12 year olds, I have to say though that I wasn't expecting the ending. I want to rewrite it, not because the author's ending isn't any good, just because I don't like books that choke me up! Well, I suppose I do in a way, that's why I am drawn to survivors' stories.

It's about two teenage brothers, their home life, shared love for a childhood sweetheart, and their short experiences on the Front during WW1.

I would go back to reading my other All Consuming (see sidebar) novel, but my 12 year old has 'borrowed' it, and he really needs reading practice so I'll have to let him keep it for now and find another book to read!

I've stopped sneezing now, and the headache has gone, but I feel wobbly if I'm up on my feet for too long. Gotta rest today, need to get back to work tomorrow, although not sure I'll last the whole morning teaching maths, ICT(ICT for Years 1s I can cope with....representing data pictorally, i.e. pictograms, no great shakes!) and literacy.

No comments: