Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Revision time

Time for one of those time tracker thingies I think, to spur me into some revision for my 2 exams.



So far I've avoided reading the last 2 books of each course (having got bogged down in a 3000 word research TMA... and skipping off to Spain for a long break of course!) and avoided thinking about just how I am going to remember everything to get me a couple of good passes. Things aren't looking good for SD329 (The Senses). Not only have I not really grasped alot of it (chemistry and physics) but I'm rather behind, with half of one TMA still to either complete, or send off partially done.

Plan 1 I concentrate most of my effort on S320 (infectious Diseases), a whopper of a course but alot more interesting and somewhat easier than SD329.

Plan 2 (for 2007) if I fail SD329 (and thus not get my BSC at the end of the year) I am going to take U316 (Environmental Web) next year. Alot of it is done online (TMAs, group discussions, ECA report) and I don't mind that one bit now that I've got my lappie set up to work wirelessly.
I still need another 30 points at level 3 to make it a BSc Hons, so I'm going to do SXG390 (Geohazards project) in 2007 too. Ok, so that's alot of work, but in two very interesting areas. Researching a volcano won't seem like study, it'll just be an extension of one of my interests.

Now, I know I said I'd be posting my holiday photos, but I think that may have to wait.

BTW I only gained one pound on holiday. All that swimming must've helped burn off the icecreams and crisps! Have a sneaky feeling that I may have gained more since I've been home. I reverting to bad habits of snacking on whatever I fancy whenever I fancied it. But I'm back at work now and that means no snacking, and a healthy packed lunch. All I need to do now is overcome the craving for biscuits and coffee when I revise!

No comments: