Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Miffed!

I only popped to the shops to get Sam a new school blazer, but was lured by a lady from Herbalife offering a free 1 minute body fat percentage test. I've always wondered what my body fat percentage is after watching Ian Barber of the A List Diet programme,Discovery Home & Health, commenting on the body fat percentage of various individuals.

I wasn't prepared when she told me mine was 39.something% (I'd said to Sam while we waited that I thought it'd be something like 32%) and my BMI was 27 (that I had expected because I'd checked it recently). Miffed but determined to get that figure down!

The lady's advice...less carbs, more protein. She identified that my diet is too high in carbs (I knew that because I don't like meat) and I need to make a bigger effort to have smaller snacks and include more protein (aside from cheese because of its fat content). Perhaps part of the problem is that I am very unimaginative and lazy in the kitchen and haven't discovered ways of making meat more appealing.

So let's see, more protein sources...nuts (and seeds?), yoghurt (I hate plain yoghurt, need to experiment with flavouring it), umm....what else?! Stumped! Time to think, what did I learn on the OU short course on nutrition?! The knowledge is in there somewhere, I just need to find it!

No comments: