Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Volcanoes, Earthquakes and Tsunamis...and Spanish!

I signed up for this short course. One of my passions, earth science. I've forgotten alot of what I learned a few years ago when I took Geology, but I have plenty of time on my hands and with the nights drawing in I could do with some intellectual reading. Perhaps this will get me back on the road to topping my BSc up to a BSc Hons over the next few years. I'll be able to research a volcano or earthquake for SXG390 (how cool is that!), and maybe go for the ultimate toughie Understanding the Continents (just look at those course reviews! Alot of hard work!). Might have to do someone's ironing to fund it though, LOL!

If any OUers out there have any of the S267 books gathering dust could I please borrow them. I sold mine on ebay earlier this year when we decorated and lost a ton of shelf space... I'm a fool...never part with books!

Mum and I also enrolled on a Spanish course at Gillingham Adult Education Centre for 20 weeks starting mid September. Will be good to get some speaking practice.

2 comments:

kat said...

Tina - Try ringing round the Oxfam shops. I found one in Lancaster which was almost packed out with OU course books. It hasn't got as many of them now but I didn't look for or buy any on Geology.

Tina said...

that's a good idea, thanks Kat.