Tuesday, January 17, 2006

New toy!


Feeling slightly old today...it's my daughter's birthday and she's 9! Was it really that long ago that she was toddling around with teeny bunches in her hair,in her pretty dresses and white shoes? There's one other thing about Katie's birthday...its arrival means mine is only 8 days away, which means I'll be yet another year closer to 40 (yipes!).
I've packed her off to school (so cruel, her brother has a Baker day and is home with me and hub!!) with a promise that no one will play with her new toys in her absence...apart from me of courwse, I'm allowed to 'test' them...which is what I have just been doing.....we bought Katie a keyboard as she seems to have a flair for singing and rhythm, and I've tried and tried to play this morning, but am amazed at how much I have forgotten (I used to play piano in my teens). It's a super keyboard though, I doubt we'll ever discover how to take advantage of all its functions.
So not only do I now want to learn Spanish but I also want to re-teach myself how to play the keyboard with both hands! The acrylic nails will have to go though, very difficult to hit the right key (much like the mistakes I type right now) ... bitten nails work so much better as far as typing and hitting the right keys go!
Suddenly my OU courses don't hold the same appeal....might go have another tinker with the keyboard rather than start the first TMA of the year!

No comments: