Friday, January 13, 2006

Rest

Went to the doctors today, he's signed me off work for two weeks. He was a locum, and much more approachable than the usual doctor. I bent his ear a bit, telling how I hadn't felt right since November, caught the flu, reacted badly to those flu capsules, about what seem to be panic attacks (not nice), and the complete and utter exhaustion that sends me for a lie down at the most ridiculous times (and worries my 8 year old, which makes one feel even worse!).
I was pleased he put it down to flu and nothing more sinister, but two weeks off work! (I won't be flavour of the month that's for sure!). He reckons flu can linger for 13 weeks, god I hope not, I don't have time for that!
So here's me, with a ton of time on my hands and strict orders to rest and eat well (the second I am doing already).
Does this mean I can't study? No way, I could use this time to get ahead....if only I had the energy. And I suppose my treadmill will just have to continue gathering dust :o(
All that money I spent on vitamins in Holland and Barrett....they sure take their time to make a difference!
Ah well, best go phone work now...

No comments: